The central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is one of the most common boards of education in India. Both public and private schools affiliated with CBSE follow the NCERT curriculum. The Class 10 board examinations have been the first important checkpoint in every student’s academic life. Now, it’s the Class 12 board examinations which form the next checkpoint. The results of Class 12 board examinations are very crucial as these are the primary eligibility for pursuing any bachelor’s degrees in the desired college as well as for getting a job you desire. Hence, one must be well prepared before taking up these examinations.
Whether you are entering Class 12 or preparing for the final examinations one must always have a clear knowledge of the syllabus pertaining to respective subjects. The majority of the students fail to have complete knowledge of the syllabus of an exam and end up losing some easy marks by leaving out a few questions unanswered. Thus, knowing the syllabus for an exam becomes the first step to kickstart any preparations.
Here are some tips to boost your preparation for scoring high marks:
- Creating a plan of action – After having the complete syllabus in hand for all the subjects, making a tactical plan for studying these subjects is necessary. Study smartly by researching out the frequently asked questions and important chapters first. Prepare a timeline for each chapter in a subject based on importance, It’s recommended that student do at least one revision prior to the exams.
- Having the right study materials – Students must make sure that they possess all the relevant study materials before they start their preparations. The books which are mostly referred are the NCERT textbooks given in school. Read the complete chapter/book thoroughly before the exam and practice all the numerical and extra questions behind every chapter. Apart from these, students can also refer to other guides such as NCERT Exemplar Class 12 solutions for understanding concepts more clearly. It’s also advised that students don’t overload themselves with too many guides.
- Group studies – Planning to study in groups once in a while will definitely help to study quicky by exchanging knowledge among the group and thereby doubts clarifications will further broaden the understanding of the subject. Interestingly, group studies have helped students retain what they have learned for a longer period of time.
- For subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry regular solving of questions on a daily basis is vital. For instance, students referring to Exemplar textbook for Mathethamitcs can make use of the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Maths solutions to understand the key aspects of solving difficult problems effortlessly. Similarly, for the other subjects, students make choose any reference material for their choice to help them solve problems daily in an effective manner.
- Solving previous year questions papers – One must never forget to solve as many as previous year question papers before attempting the final examinations. Solving these question papers play a major role in showcasing the weaker areas in the subject of a student. Later, adequate efforts can be taken by the student to attain a good grip over those weaker concepts. Further, solving these question papers provide a complete revision of subjects and also make students familiar with the exam paper patterns.
- Time management – When time is not utilized wisely by students during the exams most likely this leads to failure of efforts taken during the preparation. Hence, it is very important for students to manage their time during the exams by smartly attempting the high scoring questions first. This skill of managing time comes with practice.
For more insights, stay tuned with Byju’s to excel in your academic life.